Today I would like to share with you how I make my Yoyos or Suffolk Puffs. I use Yoyos in many of my designs and they are easy to make once you know how :)
1) Using a suitable fabric marking pen on wrong side of fabric trace around template.
2) Cut out on the line.
3) Prepare required amount of circles.
4) Turn a small amount of the edge over to the wrong side and do a row of running stitch.
5) Do the running stitch around entire circle, turning the edge over as you go.
6) Place your thumb into the centre of the circle on the wrong side and gently begin to pull the running stitch.
7) Continue to gather the thread until you have a nice neat gathered centre to your yoyo. You many need
to wriggle it to get a nice circular shape.
8) Take the thread through to the wrong side of the yoyo.
9) Tie off the thread to secure.
10) Position the yoyo
11) Stitch in place by just catching the edge of the yoyo
12) & 13) Continue stitching the yoyo in place on the background fabric
Download Yoyo Tutorial and print off for easy reference :)
Here are some of my projects that use Yoyos...
Sweet Home Pillows
Highfield House Bag